About Jeremy Tomlinson and Alternative Horizon
Jeremy Tomlinson (he/him) provides counselling to individuals and couples in a safe, supportive environment. Clients are encouraged to make change and find solutions at a pace that feels comfortable to them. Jeremy also provides consultation to other therapists about their work, including EMDR therapists working towards Certification or Approved Consultant with EMDRIA. Throughout his career he has provided workshops, conference presentations, and also training to community organizations. For a decade until 2020, he was involved with training new EMDR therapists in their Basic Training.
Jeremy has a Human Services Counsellor Diploma from George Brown
College and a Master of Education in Counselling Psychology from
OISE/UT. Since graduating with his Masters he has completed further
training in Couple and Family Therapy, Sex Therapy and EMDR.
Jeremy is a member of EMDR-C
(EMDR Canada,) EMDRIA (EMDR International Association) and is an EMDRIA Certified therapist. Jeremy is an EMDRIA-Approved Consultant in EMDR and worked for about a decade until December 2019, training new EMDR therapists as a Facilitator in an EMDR Basic Training Program. As well, Jeremy has done further EMDR specialized training in EMDR Peak Performance (with Sam Foster, one of the two creators of this approach) and Applications of Mindful Resonance with Irene Siegel. He has attended conferences throughout Canada and the USA held by EMDRIA and EMDR Canada fifteen times. He has attended training in Narrative Therapy with Judith Myers Avis, Michael White, Yvonne Dolan and Jill Freedman.
As well, Jeremy is a Registered Social Worker, Psychotherapist, and a Registered Marriage and Family Therapist.
- Previously for 10 years a Facilitator of new EMDR therapists with an EMDR Basic Training program in Canada
- Previously Part-time Professor in the Social Service Worker programs at Humber College and Seneca College and the Human Services Counsellor program at George Brown College.
- Has facilitated training programs around the world on a variety
of topics including stress management, trauma, addictions, HIV/AIDS
and sexuality issues.
- Owned and operated Private Counselling Practice since January
- Specializes in Sex Therapy, Individual
and Couple Therapy and EMDR.
- Jeremy is also a volunteer for CNIB and reads audiobooks for the CNIB library.
Through this work he has come to narrate an audiobook for Canadian Author, Russell Smith. To hear an audio sample of the book, go to:
Jeremy has also given selected interviews to Toronto Media. Read an except from The Globe and Mail.